3. How can I save money on my health coverage?
Here are seven tips to help you and your family be healthy and save money at the same time:
- Use your free in-network preventive care that’s included under all of [client’s] medical plans to help detect and prevent health issues early. You pay nothing for annual physicals, immunizations, routine cancer screenings, and more, as long as you receive these services from in-network providers.
- Use tax-free money to pay for eligible health expenses. Contributing to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) can save you money on expenses you’d have to pay for anyway.
- Buy generic drugs and use the mail order program. There is often a significant price difference between generic drugs and brand-name drugs. Choosing generic drugs can save you money. Another way to save on prescriptions you take regularly is to use the mail order program instead of purchasing from a retail pharmacy.
- Take advantage of [Client’s wellness program]. You can [insert benefits].
- Consider your options when you need care. Not all doctors and facilities charge the same amount for similar care. For example, you may save money by visiting an urgent care facility instead of the emergency room when appropriate.
- Check with your insurance company to confirm that your provider is in-network before you receive care, or to see if a particular service is covered under your plan.
- Develop an annual budget to track and manage your health care expenses. Doing so can help you see how much care you're using and make appropriate coverage decisions in the future.